My Hospital Bag Favorites

3/10/16


Having a baby is exhausting. Actually, the whole process of GROWING a human being is a pretty tiring thing. I'm still amazed that my body can do that! I look at these kiddos now and am in awe that I made them. Those crazy kids grew in my belly! 

This time around, I knew some of the luxuries that I wanted in my bag, and what to leave home. You should have seen the amount of stuff I brought when having Liam! I looked like I was planning on staying for a month. 

1. The Bellefit: Guys. I can't even tell you how great this thing is. It squeezes you back in and helps to pull your hips and abs back to where they need to go. I so wish I would have bought it the first time around. It was definitely tough to get on that first day, but now it zips on easily. I still have a LOT of work to do in the tummy area, but this thing helped to give me a big head start. 

2. New Mama Bottom Spray: Again, another thing I should have bought the first time. I had a pretty painful second degree tear and this stuff helped incredibly. The hospital spray is good, but this stuff worked better. It was so soothing after having a baby! 

3. The Boppy: I debated bringing this (another thing to carry!) but I am so glad I did. Newborns are floppy. When you are exhausted from labor, it's hard to support those littles and nurse at the same time. I don't use it much now, but in the hospital it was invaluable! PS Isn't that cover super cute?  

4. Cute pajamas: Button down pjs are your friend if you are nursing or planning on skin to skin! :) I threw a target nursing tank (the best!) on under these and was good to go. Tip: Buy DARK colors in pjs. Birth is messy. 

5. Earth Mama Nipple Butter: I was blessed to have two babies with good latches, so I don't use it often, but this stuff is great. You don't even have to wash it off before feeding! 

6. Aden and Anais Bamboo Swaddles: Check your TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores! I found these for a crazy good deal! They are the softest ever, and we still use these every single day. They make a great nursing cover if people are coming by your room! 

7. Water Bottle: I am so glad we brought our own water bottles! We had them filled before we checked in, and I was even sneaky and sipped on some during labor. ;) 

8. iPad/iPhone: It was nice to have these with me to texts friends/family about our arrival and to keep me busy during labor! 

9. Camera: Bring an actual camera. My phone takes OK photos, but not like an actual camera. It was great to take shots during our stay to capture those moments. If you are looking for a nice hobby camera, I definitely recommend the Canon 70D. I'm far from a professional, but love how my pictures turn out! 

10. Bamboobies: Chances are your milk will not come in during your hospital stay, but these things are fantastic. They are so comfortable and absorb a TON of milk. Investing in these saves a lot of money on disposables in the long run! 

11. Always Infinity Pads: Hospital diaper pads are great that first day, but were so annoying! These pads absorbed everything and were crazy thin and way more comfortable. 

12. Your own pillow: Bring your pillow with a brightly colored pillowcase (so it doesn't get left behind.) It was great having my own pillow and helped me to be more comfortable. 

13. Snacks: Bring lots of snacks! This was especially great for my husband. We brought lots of yummy goodies to eat while we were there. Our hospital food was pretty terrible and they only provided a small meal for the mom. Daddy was out of luck! I was pretty hungry after labor and it was nice to have lots to choose from in my bag. 

And if you have a girl... 600 bows to counteract your minimalistic packing like myself. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs