Great Wolf Lodge- Making the most with a toddler and newborn!

6/13/16

























It's been a crazy few weeks! My beloved Macbook Pro (going strong since 2011!) seemingly took a turn for the worst a week ago. I brought it in hesitantly to the Apple Store and they said there was a recall for that part so they fixed it and multiple other things for FREE! Even out of warranty. I LOVE Apple products. They are so great about standing by them and fixing any quality issues! All that to say I've been out of commission for a while during the computer's time away.

We just returned from a fun trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, OH. We decided on a whim to go with our friends Ben, Brittany, and their 8 month old daughter Allie after catching a great Groupon deal. I was hesitant to say the least. The idea of a waterpark with a 2 year old, a 4 month old, and an 8 month old seemed daunting at best, but we had a blast!

I scoured the internet before our trip desperately looking for tips on these age groups, but it was hard to find anything that told me what I wanted to know. So, I want to fill you in on everything in case you end up going in with the same questions I had!

When we first got there for check-in they gave us two pairs of those precious wolf ears in the pictures above for the kiddos for free! They were such a sweet souvenir and so appreciated. Liam didn't want to take them off!

You can use the waterpark starting at 1pm the day of your check-in even though technically the rooms aren't ready until 4pm. Our room was ready early, but it was nice to know we had that extra time to come early and swim.

Quick tip: You can bring your stroller into the park! We didn't realize this until the second day and it was perfect for naps and storing all our stuff.

One thing that I could't find anywhere for the infants in our group: you cannot bring floating devices for them (other than coast guard approved lifejackets) and they don't have any there to use. So... you either have to hold them the entire time OR you can invest in a water baby wrap. I bought this one online and was so pleased with it. It was nice to wear Kate in the water so she was safe, and I could still chase after my 2 year old with ease.

We brought Liam's own Puddle-Jumper Lifejacket, and I'm SO glad we did. They do provide some at the resort, but even on a non-crowded day there were none left. We would have been in a bind with that!

Liam was able to do the two slides at "Whooping Hollow," and the tiny one at the toddler zero entry pool. Kiddos can't ride on parent's laps, so he wasn't allowed on any of the other slides. He mostly enjoyed swimming in the bigger pool with the basketball hoops.

The hotel room had a wall to split off the living room from the other beds and that worked great for setting up the pack n' play where my toddler couldn't see us. We didn't sleep too well with an infant and toddler, but I think we did pretty good for the situation. The room also had a mini fridge and a microwave! We were able to bring our own breakfasts and snacks because of that, and it definitely saved us a few dollars.

We really enjoyed our trip and other than coming home sick (ah, the joys of lots of people in close proximity!) we had a great time. We will definitely be back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs