Taco Noodles- Easy Dinner Night

4/1/16





Phew! It's been a busy week! One of the best parts of my husband being a teacher are his vacations. He is just finishing up his spring break, and it was so great to spend so much time with him! I wasn't prepared to have to make so many meals since he's been gone so much this school year. Basketball season brought him home most nights around 8-9 o'clock, so I didn't cook big meals often. When he's home I actually have to think through recipes so I don't repeat them! One of our favorites was introduced to me by my cousin Melody. She brought me a meal after I had my son, and it quickly became a favorite. There are many similar recipes out there for this meal. :) This was what worked for us!

Taco Noodles/ Mexican Shells

What you need:

Salsa
Jumbo Noodles (16)
Ground Beef (a little over half a pound)
1 can black beans
Taco Seasoning (This is our favorite recipe for seasoning!)
Cheese
4oz Cream Cheese
Taco Sauce (We use Taco Bell mild sauce!)


How to make them:

1. Preheat your oven to 350*F
2. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 pan with a light layer of Salsa. We prefer to blend our salsa to get a more even taste.
3. Brown your ground beef (We typically use a half pound) and add your black beans. Sprinkle a layer of Taco Seasoning on top. Add in your cream cheese and melt it in. Add 1/4 cup water to the beef/bean mixture. Let simmer until cream cheese is fully melted and mixed, then let cool.
4.  Boil Noodles and place them in your pan on top of the salsa in your 9x13 dish.
5. Stuff each noodle with your meat mixture and pour a thin layer of Taco Sauce on top. Cover with foil and place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with a nice heavy layer of cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes without the foil.

Enjoy! It's a super tasty meal. We typically serve with sour cream, guac, and lettuce. Best tip? My mom always told me to clean as I go. It makes cleanup a breeze!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs