Home Updates: The Impact of Curtains

4/4/16

Sorry for the lack of quality photos! Cell phone shots were as good as it was going to get this time. ;) 

I am always amazed at the impact curtains make in a room. This room of our house is the room you enter into, and we literally have NO idea what to do with it. I believe the original intention of the builder was a formal dining room, but I don't like the idea of it being the first thing I see when I come in the house. We are slowly but surely bringing this room together, and added these dirt cheap curtain sheers this past week. My favorite pinterest tip is hanging curtains at ceiling height. It makes the room look (insert best Donald Trump voice here) HUUUGE! 

The curtains rang in at a whopping $14.99 per window. Thanks, Amazon! ;) The rods were a little over $11. It was a super cheap way to make a dramatic impact on the space. 

Curtains: Click Here
Curtain Rod: Click Here

I think in the long run I'd love to make this room a sitting area with a piano, comfy chairs, and hide some toys in a coffee table with storage. It would be a much better fit for this point in our lives with young kiddos as we have no need for a formal dining room quite yet. I want my home to be a place that fits our needs instead of a place with a formal set up and breakables everywhere. Child friendly and pretty is my goal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs